Managed vs. Self-Managed: Which One Should You Choose?
If you are seeking a VPS(virtual private server) hosting or dedicated server for your business, you have to make your choice between managed and self-managed hosting. It’s not just about costs, but also the time, and level of control.
Key Managed and Self-Managed Hosting Differences
- For our managed hosting plan, we will provide you timely supports for any issues, our cloud experts will help you manage your website, system, panels, applications, and keep it safe with automated backup and monitoring.
- Self-managed hosting plan is cheaper, because it doesn’t have any panels, which means you need to do everything if you choose self-managed hosting plan. There is no support but you do have the right of root access.
|Managed Cloud Server||Unmanaged VPS hosting|
|APP installs & updates|
So which plan you would like to choose depends on the following:
You Should Choose Managed Hosting Plan if
- You are a small business without an IT team
- You want to save time to grow your business rather than dealing with your server
- You can afford the cost of managed hosting plan
You Should Choose Self-Managed Hosting Plan if
- One or more of your associates is familiar with server administration
- You do not have enough budget for the managed hosting plan
- You have enough time to manage the server
- You want the right of root access
Linux or Windows
After you choose managed hosting or self-managed hosting plan, you still need to choose between a Windows-based hosting plan or a Linux hosting plan. Fortunately, the decision is not a hard one. If your website uses ASP or ASP.NET, then Windows hosting plan is more suitable for you. If your website uses CGI or PHP, then Linux hosting plan is a better option.
|WordPress, Drupal, Joomla||Recommended||Available|
|PHP, MySQL, CGI, Python, or Perl||Recommended||Available|
|ASP, ASP.NET, MS SQL||Not Available||Recommended|
|cPanel / WHM control panel||Available||Not Available|
|Plesk control panel||Available||Available|
WordPress or VPS or Dedicated Server Hosting Plan
To start your business, you still need to make a decision among WordPress, VPS or dedicated server hosting, these three popular hosting plans will offer you different type of storage Space, reliability, speed, performance, so which one should you choose?
Small business, e-commerce,
resellers, app developers,
high traffic sites, developers
|One click to start your
business easily with WordPress,
the most popular CMS in the World.
|Middle level between shared
hosting and dedicated, VPS
hosting offers you the chance
to customize your server with
|Dedicated hosting is the highest
market standard, you have total
power and full control over your
|Root Access Choice
cPanel or Plesk control
|Root Access Choice
|Start at HK$108/mo
|Start at HK$99/mo
|Start at HK$1,305/mo
No matter when or where you are, our technical team is always ready to solve your issues 24 x 7 x 365! You could easily contact us via phone, email and live chat for any assistance regarding technical issues.
24 X 7 X 365
No matter where you are, or what time of the day, our technical team is there 24 X 7 X 365 protection to resolve any issues. You have multiple options to reach our techsupport such as phone, email, and live-chat, to make it convenient for you.
Ensure your website is available all the time for your business, earn your customers’ trust and serve your customers better, with our 99.9% uptime guarantee. We offer 24 x 7 x 365 real-time monitoring to keep your website performing at its optimum best.
No questions asked! We offer our new customers an unconditional 14-day Money Back Guarantee if you`re not satisfied.